*This article contains affiliate links that help subsidize me so that I may provide this content to pet parents.*
These Peanut and Banana BrindleBerry Bones are an original BrindleBerry creation and they are the perfect treat for a hot day! They are meant to be given in moderation, and not as a dietary supplement like some of the other frozen bones you’ll find here on the BrindleBerry Acres blog!
VERY IMPORTANT: When you choose your peanut butter MAKE SURE it does not contain artificial sweeteners, and in particular an ingredient called Xylitol. Xylitol is used to sweeten foods, so it’s usually found in “low calorie” varieties, but it’s toxic to dogs so you MUST make sure your peanut butter does not contain any. Dogsbutter is a peanut butter actually made for dogs, and is a great option if you are nervous about the “human” brands.
As usual, these ingredients are not written in stone, and if you have a little less of one ingredient and a little more of another it’s ok. If your dog is overweight, you can reduce the peanut butter and honey portions.
- 650 Grams Plain Yogurt
- 1 Cup Peanut Butter (Xylitol Free)
- 1 Ripe Banana
- ⅓ Cup of Honey
- Peel and mash banana with a fork in a medium bowl.
- Add the remainder of the ingredients and stir.
- Add a little water if the mixture is too thick.
- Portion into silicon molds, ice cube trays, or plastic cups.
- Put in the freezer and serve when frozen through.