Holly’s qualifications include:
- Certified Pet Food Nutrition Specialist
- Assisting pet parents with holistic health and nutrition for 16+ years in her pet food stores: Tail Blazers Copperfield and Tail Blazers Legacy.
In This Article We’ll Discuss:
- The features of the MudBuster
- The pros of cons of the MudBuster
- Why you need a MudBuster if your dog has allergies
- How many BrindleBerries the MudBuster receives
- Where to find a MudBuster
The MudBuster is a game changing paw washing system for home, hiking, the beach, the dog park, or anywhere your pup’s feet get messy.
Add a little water to the MudBuster, insert the paw, and twist the MudBuster to remove dirt and debris. Gentle silicon bristles clean the paws and leave the dirt and mud in the MudBuster where it belongs. Once you’ve cleaned and dried the paws, you can take the MudBuster apart, and easily rinse and leave to dry for next time.
MudBuster’s Key Features:
- 3 Sizes – small, medium and large
- Available with or without a lid. The lid is great for taking it on the go somewhere where you might need to bring your own water.
- Available in a variety of colours
The Small/Petite MudBuster
- measures 4.3 inches tall and 3.65 inches wide
- open top allows a paw up to 2 inches wide
- breeds include: Chihuahua, Dachshund, Maltese, Pomeranian, Yorkie and Boston Terriers.
The Medium MudBuster
- measures 6 inches tall and 4 inches wide
- open top allows a paw up to 2.5 inches wide
- breeds include: Australian Shepherd, Beagle, Border Collie, Boxer, Corgi, English Bulldog and many Terriers.
The Large MudBuster
- 8.85 inches tall and 4.75 inches wide
- open top allows a paw up to 3.5 inches wide
- breeds include: Bulldog, German Shepherd, Golden Retriever, Labrador and Husky.
- Quick and easy way to clean feet at home or on the go
- Cleans quite far up the leg which is a bonus
- Most dogs are ok with it with a little positive reinforcement
- Super easy to clean
- If your dog has yeasty feet, you can make a probiotic blend to rinse feet with
- If your dog has environmental allergies, you can rinse feet daily to remove irritants
- If your dog has infected nail beds or toes, you can wash and rinse feet with prescriptions soaps daily with ease and avoid a full bath
- Large size can be awkward to handle for small hands when cleaning alone
Based on all of the above criteria I give the MudBuster 4.5/5 BrindleBerries!
The large size for a person with small hands can be a bit awkward if you have a wiggly dog. Maybe if they made a shorter, wider version, or some kind of grip or indent on the base of the large MudBuster it would make it easier to handle. It is DOABLE, which is why I only deducted half a point, but I think it could be easier!
I honestly think every pup parent should own a MudBuster and if you’re interested in grabbing one, you can find links in the “Resources from this Episode” section below.
I’ve also made a video to accompany this review, “How to Use the Dexas MudBuster”, that you can view below.
Resources from this Episode:
- VIDEO: How to Use a MudBuster
- PURCHASE: In Store at Tail Blazers Legacy, Tail Blazers Copperfield
- PURCHASE: Online Amazon.ca (affiliate link)
- PURCHASE: Online Amazon.com (affiliate link)
NOTE: This is NOT a sponsored post. Sponsored posts will be clearly identified as such in future episodes.