Some might say a Sensory Yard is the ultimate form of enrichment for a companion dog, and the good news is you don’t need a ton of space, time or money to create one!
In this episode I’m interviewing Taylor McDonald who’s the creator of the Bindi’s Bucket List platforms! Located in Ontario Canada, Bindi’s Bucket list aims to create and inspire with recipes, enrichment inspiration, and tips and tricks on how to create a happier life for dogs.
Taylor started creating a Sensory Yard for her dogs Bindi and Rosie a few years ago, and I started one for my dogs this year, so I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to invite her to the podcast to compare notes with me!
In this episode you’ll learn:
- What exactly is a Sensory Yard?
- Why you don’t actually NEED a yard to create a sensory space.
- Dozens of ways to entice your dog’s five senses.
- Which plants are dog-friendly and perfect for a sensory space.
- Which herb Taylor refers to as “nature’s perfume”.
- How the “TikTok toilet paper hack” repairs urine burn on your lawn.
- Why clover is a perfect lawn covering for any outdoor dog space.
- How adding more of this one thing can drastically improve your dog’s quality of life.
Resources from this episode:
- WEBSITE: Bindi’s Bucket List
- INSTAGRAM: Bindi’s Bucket List
- TIKTOK: Bindi’s Bucket List
- INSTAGRAM: Rosie’s Solar Fountain
- BLOG: Sensory Yard Worksheet
- BLOG: Sensory Garden – Part One – The Plan