Albus is my favorite Labradoodle buddy and rumour has it he’s a bit nuts for oatmeal cookies! His mom requested I create a cookie recipe for him so here goes! Albus, I know that the human version is likely much tastier, but I hope you enjoy this healthier, more dog-friendly version too!
As I have just learned (thanks to a follower!) that coconut oil is not always collected in an ethical manner, I am posting a link here to ethically sourced coconut oil brands. My motto is “learn better, do better” so I am practicing what I preach and finding a better source once mine runs out!
- 1/2 Cup Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (in it’s solid state)
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- 1 TBSP Honey
- 1 TBSP Water
- 1 Cup Chickpea Flour
- 1/2 Cup Rolled Oats (I used gluten-free)
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Carob Chips
- 1/2 TSP Baking Soda
- Preheat oven to 375F (190C)
- Mix coconut oil, egg, honey and water in medium bowl. Try to “cream” out oil chunks.
- Mix dry ingredients in medium bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to wet mixture gradually and mix well.
- Quickly roll mixture into 1″ balls and place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Gently flatten cookies with a fork.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes – until cookies are golden brown.
- Let cool and serve.
Feel free to share my recipes by quoting the original source and sharing my original page link! Much appreciated! If you loved this recipe, please comment below!